Great People Work Here
Are you searching for a career with bags of variety, in an environment that celebrates differences and empowers collaboration, which values individuals and will encourage you to make an impact? Do you want the freedom to explore, and the opportunities to find new ways and to innovate? If so, TwiningsOvo delivers.
The Procurement team are looking for an Interim Procurement Manager – Capex & MRO to join our Global Indirect Procurement team. This is an exciting time to be joining our Procurement team as it embarks on a journey of building a high performing team, who through collaboration with their business partners find new ways to maximise their contribution to the five year plan.
In return, we offer a unique package of employee benefits that help you to be at your best, at work and at home - to show just how much we value you. This role will offer you the freedom to act and the tools to aim high. We are pleased to offer a flexible working location for this role to include regular home working, with travel to our Andover site or other global offices as and when required.
About the Role
This role sits in the Global Indirect Procurement team, which is part of the Tea Supply Strategic Centre, and is responsible for TwiningsOvo’s global spend on packaging, raw materials (excluding tea); indirect goods and services and freight and logistics.
The roleholder will be responsible for developing expert knowledge to design and implement effective sourcing strategies which maximise value for money for the Capex & MRO categories. The role involves cross functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders globally. Responsibilities include:
- Forms and leads cross functional global teams to create and manage the delivery of the sourcing strategies for assigned categories, sub-categories and projects
- Responsible for developing and retaining an expert knowledge of the market and the supplier base
- Working closely with the Local Category Leaders and the Manufacturing teams to develop Supply / Procurement strategies for the assigned categories & sub-categories
- Support the stakeholders in developing a statement of requirements which considers the total cost of ownership, assurance of supply, quality, service and sustainability; and which is written in a way which allows the team to find new ways.
- Responsible for working closely with cross-site and cross- functional teams to develop a supplier selection process which reduces cost, ensures continuity of supply, meets TwO's quality requirements, is compliant with TwO's purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and which adheres to the relevant laws and regulations across the Capex and MRO spend.
- Responsible for planning and executing the price and contract negotiations, including developing service levels / KPI's.
- Leading TwO's supplier relationship management (performance measurement, improvement plans and attracting product and process innovation) efforts across the TwO Group
- Supporting the TwO CO2 and Sustainability Strategy
As part of a matrix organisation structure, this role reports to the International Procurement Director with close links to the Global Category Leader - Indirects & Capability and the Regional Category Leader - 3rd Party, as well as other members of the Global Procurement Team
- You will have a passion for true business partnering and with a proven ability to quickly and effectively develop and manage key stakeholder relationships.
- You will be able to build trust and gain support for your recommended sourcing strategies, as well as lead on contract negotiations to ensure best practice, legal compliance and risk mitigation.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong analytical and commercial knowledge skills to create and implement global category and sub-category strategies.
- You will be confident with challenging the status quo in a constructive, fair manner and proactively look outside to other business units, Associated British Foods (ABF) companies and the supplier base for inspiration and new ideas.
- You will be a confident, proactive individual with a passion for learning and understanding the requirements of our business and the external markets around you.
- You will have excellent organisation and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a flexible and adaptable attitude.
If you think this role sounds an exciting opportunity, inform your line manager and send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 07 January 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.