Social Impact Manager – Temporary (Maternity cover) – 12 Months
Great People Work Here
Are you searching for a career with bags of variety, in an environment that celebrates differences and empowers collaboration, which values individuals and will encourage you to make an impact? Do you want the freedom to explore, and the opportunities to find new ways and to innovate? If so, TwiningsOvo delivers.
TwiningsOvo has an award-winning Ethical Sourcing programme for tea and herbs, a sustainable sourcing strategy for Ovaltine raw materials, and a robust factory audit programme.
As a Social Impact Manager, you will have the opportunity to be part of driving an industry-leading ethical sourcing programme, and in turn, have a positive impact on working conditions in supply chains globally.
Reporting to the Head of Social Impact, you will work cross functionally in food and non-food supply chains, on a variety of activities including audit review, training development, agricultural supply chain mapping, community needs assessments in key sourcing countries, and stakeholder engagement.
- Driving and implementing the factory monitoring and improvement programme, working with suppliers and factories across the world. This includes managing auditing budgets, reviewing audits and line managing an Ethical Sourcing Executive, based in China
- Providing guidance and training within the business and for suppliers, ensuring compliance with various ethical requirements
- Implementing strategies for sustainable sourcing of prioritised raw materials, building internal understanding and collaborating with industry platforms
- Assessing conditions within raw materials supply chains internationally with a focus on herbs
- Strong prior experience in ethical sourcing, social auditing, human rights, capacity building and/or sustainable agriculture in international supply chains
- Knowledgeable about key industry trends, topics and challenges, understanding the relevant certification standards and industry bodies
- Self-starter attitude, able to work independently in a small international team
- A strong project manager, effective at shifting work priorities and timelines, with a flexible approach to working hours and location, and passion for travelling internationally
- Commercial acumen, with the ability and gravitas to lead and influence at senior levels
We’re looking for people who don’t just come here to get the job done, but who have a real passion for the brand and a desire to do the best job they can. In return, we offer an inspiring package of employee benefits - to show just how much we value you. This role will offer you the scope for growth and the tools to aim high.
If you think this role sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to hear from you.